Saturday 17 August 2019

Final four pages of my tangling encyclopaedia - mostly Zentangle tangles toward the end

Here are the last four pages of my tangling reference project.


This one is a little sneaky, because the centre square was my contribution to Adele Bruno’s It’s a String Thing challenge #297. I did not want to stop working on my tangling encyclopaedia, but also wanted to join in this challenge -- so I combined the two.






















Creating these pages has been an interesting journey. I have noticed my confidence growing, the quality of my drawing improving, and I have been more creatively relaxed. It has also revitalised my respect for the Zentangle folk -- Rick and Maria, and Maria’s daughters Molly and Martha. I had lost faith a little during their dispute over whether other groups were stealing their method, but I now feel that there is a quality of the Zentangle approach that is special.  I believe that Zen- (meditation) -tangle (drawing) is a genuine attempt to offer meditative creativity to others.

So over the last several weeks I have succeeded in being more completely present with the line I am drawing, and giving that line my full attention. Through my own meditation practice and through my drawing I have deepened my relationship with each.

Now that this project is finished, what next? I’m not sure yet, but something will arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!