Monday 4 March 2019

First 20 minute run on Couch to 5K


This morning I complete the third run in week 5 of the Couch to 5K schedule. My journey to the end of week 5 has been rather two steps forward one step back. This is because I have had to accommodate the limitations of a 63 year old body that has never been used to running.

Today, though, I ran for 20 minutes non-stop. 20 MINUTES!!!

I’m really proud of myself and actually enjoying it. I’m slow - really slow! But this doesn’t matter. Once I am used to running for this sort of length of time regularly, hopefully my pace will gradually get faster.

I’ve stopped going down to the bottom track of the park to avoid the biggest hill, and also the smokers who lurk just outside the hospital grounds.

I didn’t include the 5 minute warm up and warm down walks in my plot of the run, so everything on the animation was running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!