Thursday 4 April 2019

Tangling Exercises

I am in the final week of Couch-to-5K but the weather has been so awful that I have only managed one park run. I did the second run of the week on the trampoline, but really want to finish the programme with a proper run in the park. Hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow. At least we haven’t had the heavy snow they have had in some parts of Wales.

Over the last month I have been working on a few more tangling exercises.


This one I created on graph paper because I wanted to draw a few grid patterns. It was good to have an accurate grid to work with for these tangles that require some precision, but it had drawbacks. The paper itself was poor quality and not really suitable for ink pens and colour. Also I feel that the patterns have lost some quality of liveliness and spontaneity through being more precise. I do like it better than when I first drew it.


The tangles in this exercise are also grid tangles, but use a grid of dots. I didn’t use graph paper and I think makes the page a bit more lively. A few of the tangles got away from me a little!


This one has turned out a bit wild! Motifs and ribbons and probably too much colour. 

Two more exercises to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!