Wednesday 27 June 2018

Broadhaven, Stackpole Quay, and Dinbych-y-Pysgod sketches

Here is the last in this little series of ‘getting excited about being on holiday in Pembrokeshire’! These are all drawings from last summer’s visit.

Stackpole Quay
I have not really succeeded in capturing a sense of distance in this drawing. The sea was so rough far out, that you could see wave shapes on the horizon - something I had never seen before. Previously I’d only ever seen a sea horizon that looked flat to my eye.

Stackpole Quay
Despite the wild sees far out in the distance, Stackpole harbour was peaceful and this boat was only moving gently on the ebb and flow of the waves.

North Beach, Dinbych-y-Pysgod
Low tide at North Beach. I think this is probably my favourite of the Dinbych beaches. It is usually quite quiet and there is a lovely view of the town. I also like Iron Beach which is just beyond the mound shown here.

Broadhaven Beach
The sea was really wild this day and it was building up for a storm. It was not very warm and extremely windy, so I just stood and quickly sketched this image. Proportions are a little out, but I feel it grasps something of the energy of the scene.

So now I am truly lusting for Pembrokeshire, and looking forward to time to sketch, stare at the sea, and soak up the wonders of landscape and seascape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!