Friday 23 January 2015

Update on three days a week fasting

A tall, skinny shadow of myself.
We have now completed two weeks of fasting for three days a week instead of two. Strangely I think it is easier.This may be because I feel much more relaxed about eating on the feast days. When Friday through to Monday were feast days I still felt I had to be careful what I ate on those days. I knew that if I wasn’t careful there would be a weight gain over those four days that was only just eradicated by the two days fasting.

Now I eat what I like on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. In fact I think it is important to make sure that I do eat well those days to keep my metabolism up. So for four days a week I am eating a proper lunch for possibly the first time in 10 years or even longer. I feel as though my body is changing and I am more relaxed about food altogether.

It is probably too early to say how it is going for certain but I do seem to be losing a little steadily. There can be an odd ‘bounce-back’ day, but the bounce is not so big as before and is soon lost again. I’ll report back again in a month or so when I know for sure how it is progressing. I’m not sure that I agree with the Wii balance board’s assessment of my being in the ‘obese’ range according to its calculation of my BMI. I am only about 100g away from ‘overweight’ though, so I hope this will become more of a norm quite soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!