Friday 12 September 2014

Rubber ducks



The new pond, and the rivulet we have made from it to the old pond below, brings me such joy. We have the pump on a timer and every afternoon I sit there for a little while. I listen to the water and watch the rubber ducks dancing in its flow. The moving water has rid the pond of the stranglehold of the duckweed. I have also halved the water-lily which was a little crowded and its has a new flower. We hope that the newts and frogs that live in the old pond will do better with the more aerated water and an open surface free of duckweed. I have seen frogs over the last couple of days, but I haven’t seen a newt for a while.



We have had the two rubber ducks for a while and I like the way they are played with by the water flow. There was a gnome in a boat that I quite liked the look of when we visited the garden centre. If I put that in the pond however, I would run the risk of being excommunicated by all friends of good taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!