Sunday 3 July 2011

Bread of Heaven

I enjoy making my own bread.  Generally I use a breadmaker and often use ready-mix packages for convenience.  Sometimes it is nice to make something a little more special though, and I can highly recommend this spelt loaf.  I was given the recipe at a delightful café in Knighton/Tref-y-Clawdd on the England/Wales, Shropshire/Powis border.  It is called the Tower House Gallery/Oriel Tŷ Tŵr.  They are happy to share the recipe with anyone.

The recipe is as follows:
500 g spelt flour
200g mixed seeds
2 sachets instant yeast (approx 14g)
1 tblspn olive oil
1 tspn salt
1 tspn sugar
500 mltrs warm water

Mix all the ingredients into a sticky dough and pour into a lined 2lb loaf tin.  Leave for approximately 15 minutes in a warm place until the dough rises to just above the tin.  Bake for 1 hour at gas mark 6/200C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!