Saturday 27 August 2011

Buddhist Chaplain

It is quite a new venture for hospital chaplaincy to be inclusive of all faiths and have chaplains available representing all the major faiths to offer help. Previously only Christian chaplains were available.  As I have spent quite a lot of time at the hospital visiting my mother this year, a few months ago I visited the chapel one day just to see what it was like.  I happened to meet the chaplaincy manager, we got talking and somehow it turned into a job interview!  Consequently I have now been given the post of Buddhist Chaplain for Cardiff and The Vale NHS, based at the University Hospital of Wales, Heath, Cardiff.   I have a fancy badge.  They've spelt my name and chaplaincy incorrectly, but never mind.  I am a 'bank' chaplain – only called out if a Buddhist chaplain is requested.  So I may never actually do any work.  I hope I can be of help to people though I also hope that there are not any people who need help – if you see what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!